Pirogishcha (also called church of the Assumption of Mother of God) sits at the bottom of Zamkova Hill near Contract square. It is a perfect example of how Kiev churches looked in a period of Kiev Rus era. Original temple was built at the beginning of 12th century. It survived numerous Podil fires and was rebuilt several times. But it didnt hold the ground against Soviet Union regime with its strong ateims. In 1935 comunists distroyed Pirogoshcha. Anyway after proclaiming Independance of Ukraine the church was rebuilt in its early Byzantine forms.