Kiev panoramas. Kiev stands on the hills along the Dniper river. Such location creates advantage of opening numerous panoramic views. From different points you may admire the river and lower parts of the city. And of course we never forget about the rooftops of high buildings. So here we would like to share the best and most popular places boasting stunning panoras.
1. Panoramic platform in the Park of Glory. Beutiful park that is dedicated to commemorate the glory of heros of World War II and victims of Holodomor of 1932-1933. It opens a great panorama to the Dniper, left side of Kiev city, metro bridge and wide spaces of woody slopes. From here you may also see the golden domes of Kiev Pechersk Lavra monastery.
2. Motherland statue in World War II museum. You can admire fantastic views to the Dniper from the footing of famous monument to Motherland or even climb to the Top of the statue with a special panoramic platform installed on the shield.
3. Grishko botanic garden. In addition to the great number of beautiful plants this spacious garden also attracts people for impressing Kiev panoramas that open to the Dniper river and the domes of Vydubychi Monastery. Here you may walk along the narrow alleys between the bushes of lilac. And then get rest choosing a lovely spot on the field and sit on a grass admiring picturesque landscapes.
4. Bell-tower of Kiev Pechersk Lavra Monastery. Climb 374 stairs and enjoy unique view to the golden domes of Lavra, part of the city center, waters of Driper and green spaces of left embankment.
5. Bell-towers of st.Michaels and st. Sophia cathedrals. Two ancient monasteries standing in front of each other offer to ascend their bell-towers and see the ancient city from the hight.
6. Panoramic platform near the Arch of Friendship. Located in Khreshchatiy park this platform will allow you enjoy the view to the river and Podil area. In summer time from here you may also get a bit of extreme and ride on a trolley above the Dniper to Truhaniv island and get the other side of river.
8. Zamkova hill opens beautiful view to the most popular, old and beautiful street – st.Andrews descent;
9. Roof of Globus trade center. From here famous Independance square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti) crossed by the main city street Khreshchatyc will be opened to you in its full extent.
You may easily discover this places by your own or join our tours excursions and discover it together Excursions in Kiev